Used as a component in GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems, GIB Weatherline®, with its distinctive Purple™ coloured sheets function both as a rigid air barrier and as an effective secondary line of defence against water penetration into the building interior.
Featuring a fibreglass reinforced gypsum core and a water-resistant glass fibre sheet facing for excellent water, mould, and fire performance, GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems are suitable for both residential and commercial buildings.
GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems have been appraised by the Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ), Appraisal No. 1048 (2019) and meet the NZ Building Code requirements for rigid underlays (rigid air barriers) and have been tested for wind speeds up to and including Extra High wind zone as defined in NZS 3604.
GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems can also be used to provide passive fire protection to meet the requirements of NZBC Clauses C1-C6 – Protection from Fire, including options to limit vertical fire spread.
Compliance can also be achieved if the complete external wall is subjected to medium or large-scale fire testing. For a list of tested external wall systems that incorporate 13mm GIB Weatherline® refer to the GIB® Weatherline Rigid Air Barrier Systems Supplement available in technical literature section on the website.
- Moisture protection and providing a second line of defence against water penetration.
- Early close in providing temporary weather protection for up to 180 days.
- Enhanced thermal efficiency of the building by reducing air leakage.
- Cost effective fire rated systems including 30min and 60min fire rated system options for external walls, parapets, wing walls, soffits, and column and beams.
- Structural bracing elements with double and single sided options are easily accessed in the GIB Ezybrace® calculator.
- Easy handling and fast installation: simply score, snap and screw fix.
- Safe to handle and environmentally friendly: no harmful dust created when cutting and off cuts can be recycled.
Winstone Wallboards are the makers of GIB Weatherline, and their merchant network includes distributors such as, Placemakers, ITM, Carters, Bunnings, Timber World, Mitre10 and many more.
To learn more about GIB Weatherline go to gib.co.nz/weatherline