Sto have strengthened its facade offering and sourced a dependable lightweight concrete (AAC) panel from our neighbours in Australia. This change is being launching under the new brand – StoArmour Facade Panel System.
Sto is pleased to announce that they’ve entered into an agreement with a leading Australian manufacturer to supply 50 and 75mm thick autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) panels.
In the current climate, with product supply, freight issues, and costs being a constant challenge, Sto is pleased to have been able to secure a dependable local supplier.
The transition to an alternative supplier of AAC panel brings with it many benefits, as outlined below:
- Manufactured in Australia to NZ/Au standards. This offers a reliable source of certified materials.
- State-of-the-art factory with the latest technology and increased production facilities.
- Shorter freight routes with less port congestion provide faster delivery times from the manufacturer to New Zealand ports.
- No supply chain issues from the manufacturer.
As part of this change, the StoPoren Panel Facade System is being re-launched under the new brand – StoArmour Facade Panel System.
The StoArmour Facade Panel System, previously StoPoren Panel Facade System, has been appraised by BRANZ since 2012 (BRANZ Appraisal No. 772). The StoArmour Facade Panel System finished in the StoArmat Miral render system has passed a series of stringent compliance tests for commercial and residential construction.
- BRANZ Appraisal No. 772.
- Weathertightness testing: E2/VM1 and AS/NZS 4284 for residential or commercial high-rise construction.
- Face load tested up to 4.5 kPa ULS (booth connection sheared at 7.8kPa).
- Vertical spread of fire testing: ISO 5660-1 and BS 8414-2.
- Installation by Sto Registered Contractor (Licensed Building Practitioner).
- StoArmat 20 Year Warranty with StoService Assurance.
Stoanz prides itself on using only the highest quality products as part of their facade systems. There have not been any issues regarding product quality or in-service performance in the ten years they’ve been distributing the StoPoren Panel Facade System in the market. The StoArmour Facade Panel System follows the same specification.
To learn more, or to discuss specific projects, see: https://www.sto.co.nz/03_building/08_armour_panel/sto-armour-facade-panel-system.php