Global leader in sustainable transport solutions ABB has taken another significant step in driving the global e-mobility revolution, with the launch of its new Terra AC wallbox EV Charger.
The ABB Terra AC wallbox is designed to meet the surging demand for a quality, yet affordable connected charging solution for homes and businesses. It supports the growing generation of renewable energy users who want to harness and manage the consumption of their own power.
The new Terra AC wallbox, is available in up to 22kW, and offers a safe, smart and sustainable charging solution which supports ABB Electrification’s Mission to Zero for smart cities, a vision for a zero-emission reality for all.
The Terra AC wallbox connectivity enables configuration and software updates via a dedicated App or remotely via the cloud, providing flexibility and minimising the need for onsite intervention and maximising uptime and efficiency.
The Terra AC has a range of models from standard versions to models with a display. MID certification allows integration into smart-building, energy management systems, with advanced load management features. This enables home and business owners to adjust the power of assets as needed to maximize charging power and cost efficiency.
New Zealand regulations under AS3000 require each EV Charger circuit to have its own, dedicated miniature circuit breaker (MCB) and its own, dedicated Type B residual current device (RCD). ABB’s Terra AC wallbox has a built-in DC leakage current detection, and therefore there is no requirement for a type B RCD and a Type A RCD is enough for a safe installation.
Further benefits of the Terra AC wallbox include:
- Broad range of connectivity options including Wifi, Bluetooth and Ethernet
- Space saving design enables seamless installation on a wall or pedestal, which can accommodate two chargers back-to-back
- With multiple connectors available, Terra AC wallbox is compatible with the majority of EVs
- Dustproof and water resistant in harsh weather conditions enhancing uptime and product lifetime
Future proof flexibility
- Future-ready with simple software updates via the user App
- Simplified authentication via either RFID or the App provides flexibility for public-use case applications
- Integrates seamlessly with ABB’s complementary building automation solutions
Safety and protection
- Evaluated and tested by independent third party to meet the highest standards
- Current limiting protection allows maximum charging power without nuisance tripping
- Integrated ground fault and overvoltage protection protects both user and car
ABB is a world leader in electric vehicle infrastructure, offering the full range of charging and electrification solutions for electric cars, electric and hybrid buses as well as for ships and railways.
Electrical Supply Corp are the sole Importers for ABB’s Terra AC EV Chargers in New Zealand and distributes the product nationally via the Electrical Wholesaler Network.
Find out more, here.