Thermakraft is excited to release Thermaflash, a high performance self-adhering window flashing tape with an advanced adhesive technology, providing a high strength bond to most building surfaces and wall underlays.
Suitable for window and door installation as well as other wall penetrations, Thermaflash can be installed in a wide range of temperatures and can withstand UV exposure for up to 180 days.
Thermaflash replaces Aluband Xtreme in its range. Aluband bitumous window flashing tape is still available.
Thermakraft General Manager of Sales and Marketing, Darran Lees says the new product took 18 months to develop and is now, he believes, the best technology in flashing tapes.
“Our Aluband Xtreme product was meeting market needs, but we want to ensure we have the best products in every category”.
“We have developed Thermaflash to meet the needs and demands of residential and medium rise construction. It is now compatible not only with flexible underlays but meets the demands of rigid air barriers, which are also generally appraised for 180 days UV exposure”
“So far the market feedback has been incredibly positive”
Thermaflash has been BRANZ appraised and datasheets and installation guides are available on the Thermakraft website.
- Up to 180 Days UV Exposure
- Application Down to -10 Degrees Centigrade
- Suitable for Residential and Medium Rise Construction (E2/AS1, E2/AS4 & E2/VM2)
- Suitable for use with most Industry Standard Sealants which directly bond to Thermaflash
- BRANZ Appraised as part of Thermakraft’s One Wrap system
- Suitable for use on Rigid Air Barriers such as James Hardie RAB board
For more information, click here.