Ecoply® Barrier is a weathertight, plywood-based, rigid air barrier solution designed to cope with the wet weather and high winds that batter New Zealand homes, businesses, and public spaces.
Ecoply Barrier is an H3.2 CCA-treated structural plywood panel sealed on the face and edges using an advanced polyester coating process. Ecoply Barrier includes specially designed sealing tapes to provide a weathertight rigid air barrier for drained and vented cavity systems outside the building frame, effectively replacing traditional building wrap in the cavity. It provides structural bracing and forms a strong secondary line of defence against moisture penetration into the building envelope (the primary defence being the exterior cladding).
Ecoply Barrier is BRANZ appraised for use as a rigid sheathing and temporary weather-protecting sheathing on timber framed buildings.
Ecoply® Barrier provides an all-in-one package:
- Achieve early close-in so the interior can be started before the exterior cladding is on.
- Withstands up to 180 days’ exposure to the elements before the exterior cladding needs to be installed.
- Rigid air barrier designed for a better build.
- Structural bracing.
- Simple and fast two-step installation – fasten the panels, then tape the seams.
- Creates a secure building site.
Cost-effective and simple to install, Ecoply Barrier brings comfort, reassurance, and security to your living environment.
Ecoply® Barrier is made and distributed by Carter Holt Harvey Plywood
See more at: www.ecoplybarrier.co.nz